The new black BI2 board is ready. I have a few assembled boards ready for shipping. Have a look at www.tindie.com
3 JST 1mm plugs (battery, motor 2, motor 3), LED, reset button, M+/M- is for motor 1
JST 1mm plug for motor 1, alternative RESET button
- ESP8266 Microcontroller with WLAN
- MPU9250 (accelerometer, gyroscope)
- LiPo battery charging
- 3 motors can be connected (simple motor driver circuits)
- 1 WS2812B LED – a colourful LED (16 Mill. colours). They are commonly known as Adafruit Neopixel – a strip or a ring of individual programmable LEDs (when use the WS2812B only two motors can be connected)
- design based on the great Adafruit Feather Huzaah ESP8266
- vibration motors and LiPo battery can be easily connected with JST 1mm connectors
- two reset buttons (the button next to the USB connector can be overmolded)
- USB connector for battery charging and code uploading
- programmable with the Arduino IDE or NodeMCU
- white LED for indicating charging
- standard LED (yellow) on GPIO00
- round 40mm diameter
There are 3 free GPIO ports. Standard layout are for driving 2 motors (GPIO 12 = M2, GPIO 13 = M3) and 1 LED (GPIO14). Alternatively you can use 3 motors (GPIO12,13,14) but no LED.
Standard: SJ2 not connected, SJ3 connected
Alternative: SJ2 connected, SJ3 not connected
Here is the schematic which is adapted from Adafruit.
- Quick start up guide with Blynk app is here
- Assembling a silicone molded vibrator with 3D printed form – tutorial here
- Complete guide including wireless charging, control with Node-RED and data transmission via MQTT is here
There are at least a few (new) open source or DIY projects. Future of Sex reported about a Strap-on project named Dildo It Yourself.
They created a website for sharing designs for strap-on dildos. In addition the strap-on dildos is part of a harness. Some parts can be 3d printed but the harness must be made by leather or other material which could be out of scope for most DIY people. The inventors say that their toys are made for ecosexuals which practise sex in nature.
Another project is very impressive as it offers a touch surface for a “insertible toy” eg a penis. This could be used for teledildonics application for capturing and transmitting haptical experience. The construction of the capacitive surface is very impressive. In addition algorithms are introduced for gesture recognition. Gestures? The author explains: “Well, I want to be able to tell what the user is doing with the device (e.g. blowjob, licking, hand job and penetrative buttsex)”.
Another exciting project is a masturbator demonstrator which was molded using 3d printed forms.
Finally there is a very interesting website from the “mad scientist” Franklin. He has made a lot of stuff like a gesture controlled vibrator, a brain controlled vibrator and a Bionic cock.
For commercialisation a Company Tacit pleasure was found. That was back in 2014, but the work is still interesting.
Although these projects are very different in aspects like audience, technical elaborateness and motivation they show the richness of sex tech projects.